Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (as amended from time to time) govern your use of all of Four North Stockholm AB’s (“Four North”, "us" or ”we”) Services ad defined below. By using the Services, you agree to these User Terms.
If you wish to make a formal complaint about any of the editorial content of either the web or print issue of a magazine based on the Editors' Code of Practice, please fill out the Editorial Complaints Form located in the Four North Editorial Complaints Policy.
- 1.1 The Services are owned and operated by Four North Stockholm AB, a company registered in Sweden with company number 559232-4338, Box 5072, 102 42, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1.2 Where we use the term "Services" we mean any website, mobile site, app, application and/or other Services, regardless of how distributed, transmitted, published, or broadcast and any related pages and Content, under our control.
- 1.3 Where we refer to "Content" we mean all content, information and material, including software, technology, text, links, posts, messages, emails, music, sound, graphics, pictures, video, games and all audio visual or other material available on or through the Services, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or Services providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties.
- 1.4 Where we refer to ”Four North", "we", "us" and "our" we mean Four North Stockholm AB, its group companies and assigns and each of our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives.
- 1.5 Where we refer to "you" and "your" this means or relates to you the user.
- 1.6 You understand and agree that we may add to or change these terms and conditions at any time. New terms and conditions are effective immediately upon posting to the Services. Your continued use of the Services shall constitute on-going acceptance of these terms and conditions, as updated from time-to-time. We therefore recommend that you check this page regularly.
2. Age Limit
- 2.1 You must be at least 16 years of age in order to use the Services.
- 2.2 We strongly recommend that if you are 16 years of age or older but not yet 18, you ask your parents for permission before sending any information about yourself to anyone over the internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices. Parents can find out more here.
3. Third party links, Services providers and linking to the Services
3.1 The Services may include links to Services supplied by or operated by third parties including advertisers and other content providers. We do not control such linked Services, and are not responsible for their content, functionality or legality. Those third parties may collect data or solicit personal information from you; we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those Services may collect. Linking to any other Services or website from these Services is at your own risk.
3.2 The Services may also include certain features, functionality, and/or content that may be hosted, administered, supplied by or operated by third party service providers, such as social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, blogs, auctions, shopping, payment processing. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules. Your compliance with any such additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with these terms and conditions. Four North specifically disclaims any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such third party service providers.
3.3 Any service that links to or otherwise interacts with these Services must not
Services must not
• create a frame or any other browser or border environment around our Content, unless previously agreed with us;
• harvest or scrape Content either from our pages, databases or our feeds and reuse for its own or public use, unless previously agreed with us;
• imply that Vogue Scandinavia is endorsing it or its products or Services;
• use any Vogue Scandinavia Trade Mark (as defined in clause 8.2 below) without permission from us;
• infringe any intellectual property or other right of any person;
• contain content that could be construed as illegal, distasteful, offensive, controversial or otherwise detrimental to Vogue Scandinavia's reputation or commercial interests.
3.4 Vogue Scandinavia expressly reserves the right to require that any link or activity which is in breach of these terms and conditions be removed and/or ceased, and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
4. Your use of the Services
- 4.1 You may retrieve and display Content from these Services on a computer screen or other device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not in any way make commercial or other unauthorised use, by publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, of any Content. You agree to use the Services only for your own personal non-commercial use and lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
- 4.2 Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, you agree not to use the Services: • in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, submit download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Acceptable Content Policy below;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
• to copy, harvest, crawl, index, scrape, spider, mine, gather, extract, compile, obtain, aggregate, capture, or store any Content, including without limitation photos, images, text, music, audio, videos, podcasts, data, software, source or object code, algorithms, statistics, analysis, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, or any other information available on or through the Services, including by an automated or manual process or otherwise;
- 4.3 Other than connecting to Four North's servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Four North's servers by any means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using the Services or otherwise.
- 4.4 You agree not to disrupt, modify or interfere with the Services or its associated software, hardware and servers in any way, and you agree not to impede or interfere with others' use of the Services.
- 4.5 To the extent the Services include a download of software such as an app, you agree not to (and not to attempt to or encourage others to): (i) use the software or app for any use or purpose other than as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions; or (ii) copy, adapt, modify, reverse engineer, decompile disassemble, otherwise tamper with, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the software or app or any portion of the software or app, except as expressly permitted in these terms and conditions.
5. Content by you or other users
5.1 User generated content ("UGC") means any Content that you or other users upload, submit or make available to the Services.
5.2 You understand that your communications on the Services are not private or confidential and may be viewed by others accessing the Services.
5.4 We reserve the right to, but undertake no duty to, review, edit, move or delete any UGC in our sole discretion and without notice.
5.5 We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted as UGC. Any information or material placed online by other users of the Services, including advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not represent the view of Four North. You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we have no responsibility or liability to you for UGC including for any failure to or delay in removing UGC. If you have a complaint about any UGC, see the Complaints section below.
5.6 You are solely responsible for your UGC and may be held liable for UGC that you post. In this regard, you agree that you will comply with the following Acceptable Content Policy and not submit UGC that:
• Is hateful, abusive, racist, discriminatory, sexually offensive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, threatening to another user, promotes violence, is infringing of third party rights (such as copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights, or confidentiality), invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, disruptive to the flow of chat or in our reasonable view, otherwise objectionable.
• impersonates another person (including celebrities), indicates falsely that you are an employee or a representative of Vogue Scandinavia or its companies or business partners.
• you do not own or have the rights to submit or that is illegal.
• promotes any form of illegal activity including (by way of example) hacking, drug taking, terrorism, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
• contains advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind or could constitute junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.
• imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Services's infrastructure, or otherwise adversely affects, restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
• contains any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other similar harmful programming routine.
5.7 When you submit UGC, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), worldwide, irrevocable license to exploit it in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party and you waive, and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your UGC.
6 Tagging us in your social media posts
6.1 Whilst you retain the ownership of any content you post, by tagging us @voguescandinavia or elsewhere on social media, you grant us non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), worldwide, irrevocable license to exploit it in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to you or any third party and you waive, and agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your post for any purpose we consider appropriate including, for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes on our Platform, other Vogue Scandinaiva websites, email, the Vogue Collection social media pages, and any other media throughout the world, except where restricted by law.
6.2 We will choose, in our sole discretion, which photographs or other content we wish to use. By tagging us in a post, there is no guarantee that we will choose to use it.
6.3 We will contact you for your consent in advance of using any content you post and tag us in. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but you acknowledge that where your content has been featured in any marketing and/or promotional materials, we will not be required to withdraw such materials. The ending of your license is also subject to the reasonable time it takes to remove the content from backups and other systems.
6.4 You are responsible for any content that you post. Please do not post and tag us in content:
• Featuring other individuals without their permission (or, if the post includes children, without the child’s parent or guardian’s permission);
• which includes personal information about yourself or others;
• which is not your own content without the express permission of the copyright owner; or which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, offensive, discriminatory, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening or otherwise in violation of the law.
6.5 We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
7 Competitions and Prizes
From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Services. These are subject to the Competition Terms & Conditions and/or separate terms and conditions that will be made available in each instance.
8 Additional Terms
We reserve the right to post, from time to time, additional terms and conditions that apply to specific parts of the Services. Such additional terms and conditions will be posted in the relevant parts of the Services and will be clearly identified. Your use of those parts of the Services constitutes your agreement to those additional terms and conditions.
9 Intellectual Property Rights
9.1 All Content and other material on the Services is owned by us or our third party licensors (and is protected by international copyright, trade dress, design, patent, and trade mark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights). All such rights are reserved to us and our licensors.
9.2 You acknowledge that 'Vogue Scandinavia', Vogue' and any other brands or logos that belong to us within the Services are Vogue Scandinavia’s or our licensee’s trade marks (the "Vogue Scandinavia Trade Marks") and that you may not use them without written permission from Vogue Scandinavia.
9.3 You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, patent, trade mark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Services. You may not sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from.
9.4 Making unauthorised copies of Content found on this Services may result in the prohibition of your use of the Services and further legal action.
Vogue Scandinavia has not verified the suppliers listed in its advertising directory and any contact you make with the advertisers, including products or Services you obtain from them, is done so entirely at your risk.
11.1 We respect the intellectual property and other rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate the access of users who infringe the rights of others.
11.2 Copyright: If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Services contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright, please contact us.
11.3 Defamation: If you believe that another user has defamed you on the site through their UGC, please follow this link to inform us. You will need to give use certain information to allow us to investigate properly.
You agree to indemnify Vogue Scandinavia and its licensors, vendors, suppliers, Services providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, and to hold them harmless from any and all claims, actions, suits and liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees) that may arise from your UGC, from your unauthorised use of our Content, or from your breach of these terms and conditions.
13 Limitation of Liability
13.1 To the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your own risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis for your use, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, Vogue Scandinavia and its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives hereby expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral, in writing or in electronic form, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by the Services.
13.2 Vogue Scandinavia does not represent or warrant that access to the Services will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the Services. We do not guarantee that you will be able to access or use the Services at times or locations of your choosing, or that we will have adequate capacity for the Services as a whole or in any specific geographic area.
13.3 In no event shall Vogue Scandinavia or its licensors, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, sub-contractors, agents, and representatives, be liable for direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages arising from your use of the Services, the internet or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Services, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the Services, your use of or reliance on the Services or any of the information or materials available on the Services, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such jurisdictions, liability shall be limited to the full extent permitted by law. Vogue Scandinavia does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any third party product or service offered through the Service and will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
13.4 Liability will not be limited in the case of fraudulent misrepresentations, death or personal injury directly caused by their negligence, or any other liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of applicable law.
We have the right to terminate your use of or ability to access the Services, for any reason, without notice.
15 Personal Data
16 Brand Safety Policy
16.1 Vogue Scandinavia values our advertisers and takes brand safety very seriously.
In order to achieve this and minimise the risk of misplaced ads we have strict internal policies that we adhere to for all campaigns we manage.
16.2 All digital advertising campaigns are managed by our in-house Ad-Operations team using the latest technology and verification techniques and served through Adssets, our ad server.
16.3 All ads placed on our site, voguescandinavia.com, are placed in a high quality, brand safe editorial environment for advertisers with no user generated content.
No ads are placed on third party sites.
16.4 In the unfortunate event that an advert is displayed on content the advertiser considers inappropriate, Vogue Scandinavia will remove this advert within no more than 24 hours.
16.5 Upon raising this issue our Ad Operations team will remove any activity deemed in breach of our contractual obligations.
In the event that any term of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions shall remain valid and enforceable. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden. If you need any help or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the postal or email address set out at the head of these terms and conditions.