Invite your friends over for a cosy dinner party and impress them with your DIY cooking skills
You don't have to get out into the green fields, milking the cows to feel as if you've fashioned your own homemade butter yourself. And it's not as challenging as it looks, we promise. Here's our simple (but still super tasty) recipe:
- 50 g butter
- 2 artichokes
- Sea salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat without boiling or stirring.
- When the butter has melted skim the milk solids off the top with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer the butterfat to a clean bowl and serve with boiled artichokes and sea salt.
For the boiled artichokes
- Remove the stems from the artichokes and put them into a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the pan to simmer over a medium heat for about 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool down before eating them with the clarified butter.
Cooking and recipes: Constance Loeper
Video by: Emir Eralp & Margarita Sheremet